Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Denny Chapman wins SASS Men's All-Around World Championship



Denny Chapman won the Men's All-Around World Championship at the 2011 SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) "End of Trail". The event, held at Founder's Ranch in Edgewood NM June 22-26, combined mounted and cowboy action shooting stages to crown the most versatile cowboy shooter in the country. "I had a great time competing in the All-Around," Chapman said, "I flew in last-minute and ended up doing pretty good." Chapman thanked his sponsors and the Double E Ranch, who loaned him a mounted shooting horse for the event. "The mare I rode in the mounted portion of the event was everything I had hoped for, "Denny said, "She was fast and powerful with a good handle." Chapman ended up winning a Reserve World Championship in the seperate mounted match, making for two titles from the prestigious event. "I love mounted shooting and have a growing appreciation for cowboy action shooting as well," Chapman said, "I'm already looking forward to next year!"

No comments: